Webphotos Free ArticlesArticles » Media Room » Psychology » AGE no burden.
AGE no burden.
Principal John Mason
For further information contact:
Denise Hodges, Marketing & Academic Officer
Denise@acs.edu.au P: 07 5562 1088 F: 07 5562 1099
AGE no burden?
The new Aged Care & Counselling course examines the emotional stages and challenges faced by the elderly, and offers perspectives and information on enablement, intervention, and specific counselling techniques.
Written by writers who are highly qualified and experienced in counselling, this course will enhance qualifications you already have, or provide a great foundation for a new career.
Some goals of this course are:
- To discuss theories of ageing and to develop an understanding of the different stages of development.
- To describe the psychological impact of changes which occur as a result of aging.
- Describe the nature and scope of support services including grief & loss counselling for the elderly.
- To describe solutions that can enable an elderly person to successfully adapt to changed circumstances.
- To develop a strategy for counselling an elderly person diagnosed with a debilitating or terminal illness.
- To determine when and how to intervene in the life of an elderly person.
Students studying at
*Tutor support from our highly experienced and qualified tutors.
*High quality distance learning materials.
*A recently upgraded and improved course.
*Knowledge you need to work with the elderly.
If you want to discuss this more with one of the tutors, then please get in touch!